Saturday, January 20, 2018

Introduction to me

        
Animation is a big part of our culture. From movies to TV shows, animation floods our eyes weather it is a superhero movie or cartoons. I am excited to be a part of this culture. My name is Mikaela Arnold. I am a senior majoring in digital media at the University of Tampa. I have a passion for anything that requires an artistic flare to it. My favorite hobbies are photography, video editing, and drawing on my Wacom Cinq tablet. I am currently saving up to buy a surface pro from Microsoft as you can draw endlessly on it as it converts to a tablet. After I graduate from UT, I would like to go to art school in California or Oregon. Any Grimm fans out there? I love Florida, but it is getting to warm in the summers and the rest of the year. One day I would like to study in Japan as a foreign exchange student.
             I have somewhat of an experience in animation in the form of video editing and the Sims franchise. In Sims 2 and later versions, people can make custom animations and or poses with blender or Milkshake. I tried to develop my own, but they were not very good. I am better at video animations and special effects. I have not yet tried 2d animation, but I am excited to learn more on how to develop my own. As for software, I have experience in Photoshop, Aftereffects, and Premiere. In fact, I did an animation of a spider in Photoshop for my digital imaging class last summer.
                As for this class, I want to challenge myself and learn more about animation and how to transform it into something awesome. I have two animation courses back-to-back which I believe will help in each of them. The only project I’m nervous about is the dragonframe one. I haven’t used this software before. I also haven’t done stop motion before. I am looking forward to learning with all of you in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment