Sunday, January 28, 2018

Stop-Motion animation Excercise

A ball in a outside environment

     This project was a challenging but cool assignment. Instead of using Dragonform we used After Effects and Lightroom. This was a welcome surprise since I have experience in both of these programs.

My concept
Frame 1 of version 2



     I wanted the ball to have a realistic environment. I used white for the sky, green for the grass, yellow for the sun, and brown for the tree trunk. The first step was to sketch out the environment which was done on day one. On day two, I composed the environment with construction paper. On day three and four,  I took photos of the ball as it traveled to the tree. My mom help me to position the ball inch by inch. The result had 24 frames that were placed in Adobe After Effects to combine them into one video sequence. I loved how it came out. I developed two versions of the animation. I had to use the flash on my camera because the environment had poor lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment